Rich with history, Yorkshire is a superior holiday destination with an ample array of tourist attractions. What follows is a smattering of activities and places to visit in Yorkshire, perfect for individuals and families.
• Castle lovers will want to explore Scarborough Castle. This historical nugget is over 3,000 years old and sits on a rocky promontory, facing out upon the North Sea.
• Grand entertainment can be found at the fantastic Open Air Theatre, the largest of its kind in Europe, featuring UK sensations and famous bands from around the world.
• Check out the North Bay Railway, where there is a myriad of activities including a chance to drive the train for a fee.
• Popular Bridlington Beach offers a beautiful ocean experience, as does the more tranquil Fraisthorpe Beach, a great place to avoid hustle and bustle.
• Golfers young and mature will enjoy Bridlington Links, an excellent course abutting the water with a good cuisine at the bar.
• Visit the gorgeous Sewerby Hall and Gardens and feast your eyes on pleasant scenery or take the family to its small zoo.
• The Old Town section of Hull is definitely worth a day’s visit. The architecture predates WWII and the pubs nearby offer very swell eating.
• The Hands on History Museum in Hull is ideal for families to dive into the past, and is also free of charge.
• The Deep is a submerged, aquatic museum where viewers walk through a glass tunnel, surrounded by over 3,000 fish and sharks.
• Visit York Castle Museum and experience a Victorian era street with ornate shops.
• Hop in the driver’s seat of a Lamborghini or Ferrari at the 6th Gear Experience at Elvington Airfield and experience extreme fun!
• The York Maze is a great spot where you can wander with the entire family in an intricate labyrinth of corn, complete with over 30 rides and activities.
• Visit the stunningly beautiful Ripon Cathedral, over 1300 years old. If you are lucky, the choir will be practicing, adding a real charm.
• Drink hand-pulled ales and excellent pub grub at the newly renovated Swan on the Stray pub.
• Nearly 1,000 years old, Knaresborough Castle offers, fantastic views of the quaint countryside. It contains a bowling green and hosts live music frequently.
• Parcevall Hall Gardens offer blissful gardens to explore, with a panoramic view of the Yorkshire countryside.
• Kilnsey Trekking & Riding Centre is a good way to enjoy the countryside from horseback, with several guided trips.
• Good family dining can be had at Bizzie Lizzies, a fish and chips shop of the year.
Visit Yorkshire and explore this history endowed town surrounded by rich countryside.